There's a local saying: "The skiing is what brought me here, but it's those Rocky Mountain summers that have kept me here". The summers are truely wonderful and the outdoor activities seem to be endless. Enjoy our beautiful outdoors.
Adventure Ridge, Vail Mountain
Rafting and Kayaking
- AVAs River Rafting - Summit County (877) RAFTING or (970) 423-7031
- Lakota River Guides - Vail (800) 274-0636 or (970) 845-RAFT
- Nova Guides - Avon (970) 949-4232 or (888) 949-NOVA
- Timberline Tours - Vail/Beaver Creek (970) 476-1414 or (800) 831-1414
Zip Line Tours
Hummer and Jeep Tours
Hot Air Ballooning
- Aero-Cruise Balloon Adventures - Avon (970) 845-9907
- Camelot Balloons - Edwards (970) 926-2435
- Mountain Balloon Adventures - Vail (970) 476-2353
- Balloon America - Vail/Keystone (970) 468-2473
- Eagle River Anglers - Eagle (970) 328-2323
- Fly Fishing Outfitters - Avon (970) 845-8090
- Gore Creek Fly Fisherman - Vail (970) 476-3296
- Gorsuch Outfitters - Vail and Beaver Creek (970) 476-4700
- Nova Guides - Vail/Beaver Creek (970) 949-4232 or (888) 949-NOVA
- Roaring Fork Anglers - Glenwood Springs (970) 945-0180
- Vail Fishing Guides - Vail (970) 476-3296 or (800) 748-2727
- Bike Paths from Edwards to Breckenridge
- Numerous dirt trails and roads - for your biking enjoyment. There are several good books and maps available when you arrive highlighting all the good bike routes.
- Vail/BC Chair Lifts - (970) 476-9090 take the chair up and ride down.
- Bike Rental and Purchase - many to choose from
- 14ers.com - routes to the top of Colorado's 14000 ft peaks described here.
Try a 14er early some morning (to avoid afternoon storms) for one of the most memorable hikes you will ever take.
- Wilderness Areas and National Forests - (970) 476-9500
- Vail/BC Chair Lifts - (970) 479-4415 take the chair up and walk down.
- Endless selection - like biking, the hiking possibilities are seemingly endless.
There are several good books and maps available when you arrive highlighting all the good bike routes.
- Paragon Guides - (970) 926-5299
- Gold Peak Courts - Vail (970) 479-2296
- Ford Park Courts - Vail (970) 479-2294
- Numerous wilderness areas - and thousands of miles of national forests make this a backpackers dream.
- Piney River Ranch - 970-477-1171
- Nature Center - Ford Park (970) 479-2291
- Potpourri Day Center - (970) 479-2290
- Youth Teen Center - (970) 479-2292
- Vail Activities Desk - (800) 525-2257 or (970) 476-9090
- Beaver Creek Activities Desk - (970) 949-9090
- CineBistro Movie Theatre (Solaris Vail) - (970) 476-3344
- Riverwalk Movie Theatre (Edwards) - (970) 926-5709
- Capital Movie Theatre (Eagle Ranch) - (970) 328-5709
For Winter Activities ...