MBA, MRE, CRS, GRI, Broker
2000 REALTOR of the Year
1999 President, Vail Board of REALTORs
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Colorado Properties
(970) 390-2480 . (970) 476-2482
Honored by her peers as 2000 Realtor of the Year!
Karen is a Colorado native with a thirty five year presence in Vail.
Karen earned her MBA from The University of Denver, and has also earned the Masters in Real Estate (MRE), Certified Residential Specialist (CRS), Graduate Realtor Institute (GRI), E-Certification and Fine Homes Specialist designations.
Karen is a consistent Top Producer and a member of the prestigious Chairman's Circle.
Karen has served as President of the Vail Board of Realtors in 1999 and various other capacities for the board for over 10 years as well as a volunteer for several organizations.
Working closely with partner Robert Wilhelm they have created a strong and balanced Team Approach to serving the needs of Vail Valley real estate buyers and sellers.
Karen has twenty-six years of experience in Vail Valley Real Estate specializing in extraordinary customer service!
Why work with Karen
- Customer satisfaction ... More than 75% of my business is from repeat clients and referrals - our customers are completely satisfied with the service and guidance that we provide. See Testimonials
- Full time, professional Realtor since 1990 - I know the business.
- Education that matches the needs of the profession - I know the rules.
- Over $200M in Vail Valley real estate sales - I have the experience.
- Native Coloradan and Vail Valley homeowner since 1982 - I know the area.
- Team approach to providing excellence in service & client experience. See Testimonials.
- "I know the Territory" - the entire Vail Valley - Vail Village, Lionshead, East Vail, West Vail, Vail Golf Course, Beaver Creek, Bachelor Gulch, Arrowhead, Avon, Eagle-Vail, Singletree, Cordillera, Red Sky Ranch, Eagle Ranch
- Rock Solid in Real Estate (with a Personal Touch) using more than 24 years of full-time, effective experience in the Vail Valley.
- Detailed monitoring of your real estate transactions.
- Comparative Market Analysis of properties by type or by area for prospective buyers and sellers.
- Careful selection and presentation of properties to prospective buyers based on a thorough understanding of their needs and desires.
- Professional guidance throughout the sales process, including negotiations, inspections, financing and closing.
- Marketing proposals for prospective sellers.
- Marketing and Sales of represented properties.
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
- Open houses.
- Online Research Tools for our Buyers and Sellers
- Internet promotion and Virtual Tours of these properties at
- REALTOR of the Year 2000
- "Chairman's Circle" Achievement Award 2016, 2015, 2014, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 1996
- "President's Circle" Achievement Award 2013, 2001, 2000, 1997, 1995
- "Leading Edge" Awards 1999, 1998
- "Top Producer" Awards 1995 through 2009
- Vail Board of Realtors "President's Award for Outstanding Service" 2009, 1997, 1996
- President, Vail Board of REALTORs, 1999
- President-Elect, Vail Board of REALTORs, 1998
- Vice President, Vail Board of REALTORs, 1997
- Director, Vail Board of REALTORs, 1994-2000
- Director, Colorado Association of REALTORs, 1995-2000
- Director & Treasurer, Vail Business and Professional Women, 1991-1995
- Sales Professional Award - 1st Place in Award - 'Top 3 Sales Professional in Colorado for Residential GCI'
- Full time, dedicated, professional REALTOR since 1991
- Real Estate Broker License
- Fine Homes Specialist representing the Vail Valley's Luxury properties
- Married with 2 grown children
- Colorado native
- Vail Valley property owner since 1982
- Avid skier, snowboarder, golfer, biker and hiker
- Shot an 89 on the Cordillera Valley Course
- Volunteer, Vail Valley Medical Center (VVMC)
- Volunteer, VVMC Pet Partners, Delta Society
(Karen and Sammy pictured right)
- Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity of Eagle and Lake Counties
- Volunteer, Eagle County Resource Center
- Volunteer, Vail Tomorrow
- Volunteer, Bravo! Colorado
- Volunteer, Vail Board of REALTORs
- Volunteer, Vail Business and Professional Women
- Volunteer, Town of Vail Adopt-a-Path Program
- Private Pilot & Ground Instructor
- Pictured (right) is Karen on her way to a listing presentation after tying down her Cessna 172 at the Leadville Airport, highest paved runway in North America. That's Mt. Elbert in the background, Colorado's highest peak.